If you are wondering what is the BEST way to start your blog… Should you first write 10-20 posts and then publish your blog?! Or Should you just write 1 post and publish your blog and grow as you go?!
This question gets asked a LOT! I almost “bump” into it at least once a day, So I decided to create a blog post about it! 😉
I will share with you what are the pros and cons of each and every option so that you will decide for yourself what is the best way for you!
You probably heard and read that blogging is an AMAZING way you can earn an income from home! It sounds EASY and possible!
And now you are on the interested in creating your own blog 🙂
But, how and what is the BEST way to start your blog?! What should you blog about?! Should it focus only on one TOPIC?! Is it a MUST to be only under one specific topic?! Should you write a handful of content before you publish your blog?!….Should you just write the content as you go?!
I know, as a beginner there is so much to think about! You don’t want to mess everything up at the begging so you are trying your best to make it right! Right?!
But what if I tell you….. THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG WAY to start the blog! All you have to do IS START! YES! As simple as it sounds!
Should your blog be ONLY one topic?! Or can it be more than one?!
You might have a difficult time deciding what should be your niche/topic. Because you read everywhere that you MUST niche down and decide to create your blog about one topic only!
But, what happens if you don’t know what to write about?! Because you are passionate about art, fitness, parenting, pregnancy, motherhood….
And all you do is sit and try your best to decide on what that one topic should be?! Because you read that you MUST choose only one, right?!
And because of that info, you don’t even start a blog! Because you couldn’t figure out your main topic of the blog! So, You give up before you even started!
So, I will break the news for you! You can start your blog with anything you want to! Then as you go and grow…you will see what you really ENJOY writing about! 🙂
If you find yourself frustrated on deciding the topic of your blog and therefore you don’t start a blog….then PLEASE do me a favor! JUST START a blog! You have nothing to loss!
The beauty of blogging is that it’s yours! You can change it and tweak it as you like! You can GROW as you go….You can learn what your audience likes the most and write more about it….
But, really, when it comes to blogging and “how should you start your blog”… there is NO BEST way to start one. It’s not black or white!
I am going to show you the pros and cons of start a blog with 10-20 posts and then I will show you the pros and cons of publishing your blog only with 1 posts and grow as you go….
Should you start your blog with 10-20 post
I know that it seems the BEST way to start your blog with 10-20 posts that are already published on your blog so that your blog won’t look too new when you are getting some traffic to it.
- People will notice that your blog isn’t a new one
- People will stay on your blog longer if they love your content. they will have the option to read more relevant content
- You can put your focus into generating traffic to your blog
- You can see what your audience like most and create more posts on that topic.
- You “wasted” a lot of time creating content that doesn’t attract readers
- Your blog doesn’t have traffic to it yet, so it doesn’t really matter how much content you have on your blog.
- You might lose hope because your blog didn’t take off as you expected it would
Creating a blog with only 1 post and publishing it
This is how I started my blog and I guess that this is how I recommend you start your blog :). It’s just my recommendation! Feel free to decide your own choice! As I said before, there is NO RIGHT or WRONG way to creating a blog! I simply want you to START! That’s all! START!
- You can slowly learn what you enjoy writing about
- You can make mistakes and they will be easy to fix
- You will put your voice out! You will start getting noticed by other bloggers in your niche
- Your excitement is fresh and you will want to make the best out of your blog
- You learn as you grow
- People might not see you as an “expert” in your niche…which can be totally wrong….but that’s how people judge.
- If you have a post that goes viral, people will want to see more of your content, which you don’t have and therefore those people that read your viral post will forget you easily!
As you can see, in each option you have to create your blog, you have cons. So it’s all up to you on how you want to start your blog.
But please! Don’t be that person that just dreams that one day you will have a successful blog! You MUST take action and start your blog today!
I see too many times that people say, “I wanted to create my own blog for quite a while now, but…..”
You can do this!!! Just pick the right way for you!!! And GO for it!!! I promise you that you won’t regret that choice! 😉
I really hope that you found this post valuable and that it helped you decide on which way you should start your blog!
My final note to you is – JUST TAKE ACTION TODAY!!! NOW!!! And go for it!!! If you don’t take the action….nothing will happen! 😉
I just created an AWESOME course that will help you with EVERY STEP you need to know in order to create a successful blog!
*** PRE-LAUNCH price until April 1st! ***